Below are links to some of the many organizations and agencies that can provide information on cigarettes and other tobacco products, including preventing young people from starting to smoke and helping smokers quit.
- American Lung Association, Quit Smoking
- Colorado Tobacco Education and Prevention Alliance (CTEPA)
- Tobacco Education, Prevention & Cessation Grant Program
- Colorado QuitLine (1-800-QUIT-NOW)
Smoking and Youth
- American Legacy Foundation
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Scene Smoking
- Smoke Free Movies
- TEENS – Foundation for Tobacco-Free Youth
- The Truth
- Youth Media Network
Smoking and Health
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- American Lung Association of Colorado
- Center for Disease Control
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Action on Smoking and Health (ASH)
- Tobacco Control Legal Consortium
Colorado Revised Statutes
The Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) are available on-line. Below are the citations for tobacco-related statutes in Colorado. Click on “Colorado Statutes” on the left side of this page to access the C.R.S.
- Colorado Constitution, Art. X § 21
- Tobacco Litigation Fund, C.R.S. § 24-22-115.5
- Tobacco Settlement Enforcement, C.R.S. § 24-31-402
- Tobacco Sales to Minors, C.R.S. § 18-13-121 and C.R.S. §§ 24-35-501 et seq.
- Tobacco Settlement Funds, C.R.S. §§ 24-75-1101 et seq.
- Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act (Smoking Ban), C.R.S. §§ 25-14-201 et seq.
- Cigarette Tax, C.R.S. §§ 39-28-101 et seq.
- Tobacco Escrow Funds Act, C.R.S. §§ 39-28-201 et seq.
- Tobacco Product Manufacturers and Stamping Agents Requirements, C.R.S. §§ 39-28-301 et seq.
- Tax on Tobacco Products, C.R.S. §§ 39-28.5-101 et seq.
- Fire Safe Cigarettes, C.R.S. § 24-33.5-1214
- Teen Tobacco Use Prevention Act, C.R.S. § 25-14-301