DENVER) – Colorado Attorney General John W. Suthers this Friday will host a group of state Attorneys General, U.S. Attorneys, and District Attorneys from across the United States. The dignitaries are members of United States Attorney General Michael Mukasey’s Executive Working Group on Prosecutorial Relations, which meets four times each year to discuss criminal justice issues. Friday’s meeting at the Colorado Department of Law will mark the first time in the group’s 28-year history that it has met outside of Washington, D.C.
“As Colorado’s Attorney General, I’m honored to host many of the best local, state, and federal prosecutors in the country,” commented Attorney General Suthers. “I am very pleased they chose Denver for the first meeting outside of our nation’s capital.”
The group will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Law, located at 1525 Sherman Street in Denver. The agenda will focus on computer and cyber crime, with presentations from the National Cyber Forensics and Training Alliance, the United States Department of Justice, Colorado Governor Bill Ritter, and several working group members. Attorney General Mukasey will participate in the discussions via teleconference.
The session will be closed to the public, but interested members of the media can schedule interviews with Attorney General Suthers and Indiana Attorney General Steve Carter (who co-chairs the committee) between 8:30 and 9:00 on Friday, January 18, or by phone on Thursday. To schedule an interview, please contact Nate Strauch at 303-866-5632.
Working Group members attending the meeting are as follows:
- Steve Carter, Indiana Attorney General (committee co-chair)
- Tom Corbett, Pennsylvania Attorney General (committee co-chair)
- John Suthers, Colorado Attorney General
- Joseph “Beau” Biden, Delaware Attorney General
- Mary Beth Buchanan, United States Attorney, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Patrick Meehan, United States Attorney, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Thomas Moss, United States Attorney, District of Idaho
- Jan Scully, District Attorney, Sacramento, California
- Jim Fox, District Attorney, San Mateo County (South San Francisco), California
- Dan Conley, District Attorney, Suffolk County (Boston), Massachusetts
- Mathias H. Heck, Jr., Prosecuting Attorney, Montgomery County (Dayton), Ohio